B.S. 1964 California Institute of Technology
M.S. 1966 University of Washington
Ph.D. 1968 University of Washington
ASA 1985 Associate of the Society of Actuaries
What can I do with a math degree?
Courses: Math 102Q: Problem Solving Course Home Page
Math 1151Q: Honors Calculus I Course Home Page
Math 231Q: Probability Course Home Page
Math 286/386: Operations Research (Simulation) Course Home Page
Math 360: Mathematical Pedagogy Course Home Page
Abelian Groups, Rings, Representations of Partially Ordered Sets, Actuarial Science
· (with K.C. O’Meara, Approximately Simultaneously Diagonalizable Matrices, Lin. Alg and Appl. 412(2006), 39-74.
(with H.P. Goeters),
· (with K.C. O'Meara), Ko-like constructions for almost completely decomposable groups, J. Algebra 263(2003), 8-16.
· (with A. Mader and L.G. Nongxa), Sharp types revisited , Rocky Mt. J. Math. 32(2002), 1505-1522.
(with G. Rasoanaivo,
· (with K.C. O'Meara), Generalizations of isomorphism in torsion-free abelian groups, Contemporary Math. 273(2001), 39-49.
· (with L.G. Nongxa and K.M. Rangaswamy), Torsion-free modules of finite balanced-projective dimension over valuation domains , J. Pure and Appl. Algebra 156(2001), 247-265.
last modified: January 17, 2006: C. Vinsonhaler