Math 3160-005, Spring 2013
Homework will be assigned weekly. In general, the problems will be due on Wednesdays at the beginning of class and will cover the material discussed in the previous week. Since I may discuss the homework problems in class that Wednesday, no late assignments will be accepted except under the most extreme circumstances. If you have an emergency that you think may be an extreme circumstance, please let me know as soon as possible. The lowest written homework score will be dropped regardless.
I encourage you to work with your classmates and ask me questions if you get stuck, but I expect you to write the names of any classmates you worked with on your homework. While you are allowed to use any kind of calculator you like when you do the homework, I urge you not to rely on it heavily since it may not be permitted on exams (rather like your classmates' help!).
- Homework #1: due January 30
- Homework #2: due February 6
- Homework #3: due February 13
- No homework will be due on February 20, but it might be useful to try problems 30, 36, 42, 49, 50, and 51 from Chapter 3.
- Homework #4: due February 27
- Homework #5: due March 6
- Homework #6: due March 13
- No homework will be due on March 27, but it might be useful to try problems 72-75, 78, 79, and 82 from Chapter 4 as well as Theoretical Exercise 27.
- Homework #7: due April 3
- Homework #8: due April 10
- Homework #9: due April 17
- Homework #10: due April 24
- Homework #11: due May 1
- That was your last homework assignment, but if you'd like to practice using the Central Limit Theorem, you could try problems 3, 6, and 13-16 from Chapter 8. Good luck!
Homework solutions removed July 13, 2013.