Math 2710-001, Spring 2014
Homework will be assigned weekly. In general, the problems will be due on Thursdays at the beginning of class and will cover the material discussed in the previous week. Since I may discuss the homework problems in class that Thursday, no late assignments will be accepted except under the most extreme circumstances. If you have an emergency that you think may be an extreme circumstance, please let me know as soon as possible. The lowest written homework score will be dropped regardless.
You're certainly allowed to talk about the problems with your classmates and ask me questions if you get stuck, though copying your classmates' solutions is not allowed and will be considered to be a violation of the UConn academic integrity policy. I will ask you to write down the names of any classmates you work with on your homework assignments. You are allowed to use any kind of calculator you like when you do the homework, but I urge you not to rely on it heavily since it will not be permitted on exams (rather like your classmates' help!).
Each term, I ask my Math 2710 class what strategies they'd found useful for the homeworks partway through. I've compiled the ones that I was given permission to share. My Fall 2013 class's tips can be found here; the tips that my Spring 2012 class came up with are here.
Here are your class's study/homework strategies!
Solutions were removed May 12, 2014.
- Homework #1: due January 30
- Homework #2: due February 6
- Homework #3: due February 18
- Homework #4: due February 27 (note unusual date)
- Homework #5: due March 6
- Homework #6: due March 13
- Doing the following problems may help you study for your second midterm: Chapter 4, #11-17, 20-24, 28, 31, 59-62, 65, 66, 75
- Homework #7: due April 3
- Homework #8: due April 10
- Homework #9: due April 17
- Homework #10: due April 24
- Homework #11: due May 1
- Doing the following problems may help you study for your final: Chapter 8, #69, 74-77, 82-84