Math 2710-001, Spring 2012
(Homework solutions removed August 6, 2012)
Homework will be assigned weekly. In general, the problems will be due on Thursdays at the beginning of class and will cover the material discussed in the previous week. Since I may discuss the homework problems in class that Thursday, no late assignments will be accepted except under the most extreme circumstances. If you have an emergency that you think may be an extreme circumstance, please let me know as soon as possible. The lowest written homework score will be dropped regardless.
You're certainly allowed to talk about the problems with your classmates and ask me questions if you get stuck, though copying your classmates' solutions is not allowed and will be considered to be a violation of the UConn academic integrity policy. I will ask you to write down the names of any classmates you work with on your homework assignments. You are allowed to use any kind of calculator you like when you do the homework, but I urge you not to rely on it heavily since it will not be permitted on exams (rather like your classmates' help!).
On Homework #4, I asked what strategies you use to approach the homework problems. I've compiled the ones that I was given permission to share. If you'd like to see what your classmates find helpful, check here.
- Homework #1: due January 26
- Homework #2: due February 2
- Homework #3: due February 9
- Homework #4: due February 16
- There won't be any homework due on February 23, but doing the following problems might help you study for the midterm. Chapter 3: 1-2, 5-6, 8-11, 22-26, 32-33, 38-39, 42-43, 45-46, 56, 67, 80, 87
- Homework #5: due March 1
- Homework #6: due March 8 (REVISED 3/3)
- No homework will be due on March 22, but the following problems might help you study for the exam: Chapter 5: 1-4, 7-10, 35-38
- Homework #7: due March 29
- Homework #8: due April 5
- Homework #9: due April 12
- Homework #10: due April 19, REVISED 4/14
- Homework #11: due April 26
- Doing the following problems might help you study for the final: Chapter 9: 38-39, 55-56, 57-58, 65, 97-98, 104, 121-122, 144