I am researching mathematics education and my advisor is Fabiana Cardetti. Current projects and research areas include: mathematics and global citizenship, mathematics in interdisciplinary settings, writing in the elementary mathematics classroom, and alternative pedagogies and forms of assessment in the undergraduate mathematics classroom.
- "Mathematics and Global Citizenship: Studying the Present to Prepare for the Future"
LANGSA (Languages Graduate Student Association) Conference, Storrs, CT, October 27, 2017
- "Lessons Learned from School Mathematics and Global Citizenship"
MAA Session on Intertwining Mathematics with Social Justice in the Classroom
Joint Mathematics Meetings, Atlanta, GA, January 7, 2017
- "Investigating the relationship between mathematics education and global citizenship education through K-12 mathematics teacher perspectives"
UConn General Exam, November 21, 2016
- "Towards developing intercultural competence with interdisciplinary topics in mathematics"
MAA Session on Interdisciplinary Topics in Mathematics
Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, WA, January 6, 2016
- "Mathematics and Intercultural Competence in the Middle School"
Sacred Heart University Senior Seminar in Mathematics
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT, September 22, 2015