David L Gross
Welcome to my Home page
Director of the Undergraduate Program
Department of Mathematics, Monteith 224
341 Mansfield Rd
Storrs, CT 06269-1009
BS. from the State University of New York at Binghamton, 1979
Ph.D. from the University of Virginia,
My Class Schedule
& Office Hours for Spring 2018:
Math 2210Q (Applied Linear Algebra)
Office Hours for Fall 2018:
Mondays 10:00-11:00, Tuesdays
2:00-3:00, Thursdays 19:00-11:000 and by appointment in MONT 224 via Nexus
(nexus.uconn.edu → login with NetID → Appointments → Schedule Appt. → search for me by last name or by department)
Please get in touch with me if you have any
questions concerning UConn's undergraduate program, especially the Mathematics
Program. Some topics most frequently asked about are:
- Which courses are being or will be offered and by
- Transfer credit evaluation
- for students transferring to UConn from another
- current UConn students who want to take a course
elsewhere, please file a ''Prior Course Approval'' request with Transfer
Admissions through your PeopleSoft Student Administration account.
Pictorial directions are posted online here
- Advising on the appropriate math course to take
- Catalog restrictions and prerequisites
- If the course your interested in is full and you
want to overenroll
- go here for directions on waiting lists.
- Contact me if there are circumstances which
would normally restrict your ability to register for the class, e.g., holds on your Student Admin account, prerequisite issues, ...
- To find out when your registration start time is, i.e., when
you can first access to the system for registration, go here.
- Thinking about being a Math major or a dual
degree or double major involving a major in mathematics.
- Information about our major can be found at http://www.math.uconn.edu/Undergraduate.
- In particular, if you are a CLAS student, you
can declare your Math, Applied Math, Math-Stat, Math-Physics, Actuarial
Science or Actuarial Science-Finance major by seeing Ms. Rachel
D'Antonio, Undergraduate Program Assistant, MSB 106, 860-486-6451, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whether you are a CLAS student or not, you can
declare your major for one in the Math Department by going to the
college's Program Plan Change online form.
- Thinking about a Math minor
- Concerns or problems with your course or with
- The Calculus Readiness Survey
- The Calculus sequences:
- Math 1151Q,1152Q,2130Q
- Math 1131Q,1132Q,2110Q
- Technology (Calculator and/or Computer use) in
- Completing an incomplete or absent grade from
Math 1010 Basic Algebra
Math 1030Q Elementary Discrete Mathematics
Math 1060Q Pre-Calculus
Math 1070Q Mathematics for Business and Economics
Math 1071Q Calculus for Business and Economics
Math 1120Q Introductory Calculus 1
Math 1121Q Introductory Calculus 2
Math 1131Q Calculus I
Math 1132Q Calculus II
Math 1151Q Honors Calculus I
Math 1152Q Honors Calculus II
Math 2210Q Applied Linear Algebra
Math 2710 Transition to Advanced Mathematics
Math 3210 Abstract Linear Algebra
Math 3230 Abstract Algebra I
Algebraic groups; algebraic geometry; commutative algebra; pedagogy
UConn's Home Page!
Math Department's Home Page!
August 27, 2018