Admission - Ph.D., Concentration in Actuarial Science
A sound undergraduate program in mathematics is required for entrance into the Ph.D. program.
It is strongly recommended that applicants take the GRE exams, including the mathematics subject test, and
submit their scores.
Applicants who fail to do so will be at a disadvantage in the decision process for financial aid.
The GRE code you need to use to have your score submitted to UConn is on the online application page.
Basic Practical Knowledge
- You can apply online at the
- The Application Deadline is:
February 1 to enter the program in Fall and
November 1 to enter the program in Spring.
- International students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. More information for international graduate students is
- An English language test, called the Versant test, is required for all international teaching assistants whose native language is not English. Further details can be found here.
- If a student was awarded funding in one program and transfers to another program,
the funding may be terminated.
For any additional inquiries,
send e-mail to the Graduate Studies Program Assistant,
Note: Please do not write to the webmaster email address about your application or about our graduate programs, as that address is only for comments about website content, so you may not get a reply.