Your generosity is appreciated
The department welcomes private support, which may be used for undergraduate scholarships, graduate fellowships, and for special activities such as seminars and lectures. Private support provides an edge for excellence. It allows us to reward top scholarly effort and to competitively recruit students and faculty.
A gift to the department may be made in honor of a faculty member or friend. A gift may support an existing scholarship or fund, or it may create a new fund for current needs or an endowment to support programs into the future.
For more information about giving to the department, or to give by mail, please contact one of the CLAS development officers.
To contribute online, click on the link below for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences secure online giving page at The University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. You can check the “Other Gift Designation” box and in the Gift Designation box which appears below it you can copy and paste a designation to one of the following funds benefiting our department.
- 20322 Used to sponsor miscellaneous items of importance to the department such as the department's annual newsletter and awards to outstanding students.
- 22511 Used for several actuarial science activities: the actuarial science scholarship dinner, alumni communications and functions with former actuarial science majors, educational material in actuarial science, lectures, seminars, and colloquia, and material promoting the actuarial science program.
- 22909 Supports an award for the best dissertation by a graduating Ph.D. student in the department each year.
- 30099 Supports the Outstanding Teaching Assistant and Graduate Student Community Service Awards each year.
- 30921 Provides scholarship support for academically outstanding undergraduate student(s) enrolled
full time in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences as a mathematics
major or demonstrate intent to declare a major in mathematics.
- 31014 Provides scholarships and other forms of support to outstanding graduate students.
- 31123 Supports the Department of Mathematics' Center in Actuarial Science.
- 28032 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 30121 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 30494 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 30973 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 30980 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 30993 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 31064 Provides support for actuarial science scholarships.
- 20322 The General Mathematics Fund
- 22511 Actuarial Science Support Fund
- 22909 Michael Neumann Dissertation Award
- 30099 The Louis J. DeLuca and Constance Strange Memorial Fund
- 30921 Bernard Sippin '52 Scholarship Fund
- 31014 Mathematics Graduate Fund
- 31123 The Janet and Mark L. Goldenson Endowment for Research in Actuarial Science
- 28032 The Actuarial Science Scholarship Fund
- 30121 The CIGNA Actuarial Science Scholarship Fund
- 30494 The Gordon Aston Actuarial Science Scholarship Fund
- 30973 The Richard L. "Dick" London Fund
- 30980 The Mass Mutual Actuarial Science Scholarship Fund
- 30993 The Phoenix Actuarial Science Scholarship Fund
- 31064 The Charles Vinsonhaler Fund